We've been unable to add new track information for a few days because the BBC have changed the now playing part of the 6 music page that we scrape the data from. Normally, we can deal with this pretty quickly, but they've changed it to a two stage process:
- The standard web page loads as normal, but the now playing data can be up to 30 minutes out of date.
So, we've now moved to a different mechanism entirely - we're scraping the now playing data from the BBC6MusicBot twitter feed, and then blending in any missing data from scraping the web page as before. Hopefully, this will be a more stable way of getting the data.
The change may also have broken how we backfill any missing data, we're just looking into that now. EDIT we've updated one of the backfill routines, so that should kick in and start working properly now.